Matt Houlbrook: mobile historian; beard growing, head shaving; occasional cycling.
Courtesy of the mobile historian @abearpursuesme for this fantastic image.
First set up as a landing ground for the Royal Flying Corps in 1916, Desford airfield reopened as home of the Leicestershire Aero Club with a “great air pageant” in September 1929. It later became home to Reid and Sigrist’s Flying School and Factory.
Erika has a new book: Modern Dublin is essential reading for anyone interested in Dublin, heritage and the politics of the built environment.